- Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. But I don’t like it sweet because I have a bitter tooth. So I make my own with milk or soy milk and cocoa powder. For some reason I’ve always been weirded out by the name eggnog. I’ve actually never had it. Fun fact.
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAPS them! My sister and I have made it very clear that Santa will be wrapping presents… forever
- Colored lights on tree/house or white? Hmm I could go either way on this one.
- Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Don’t know what it looks like even. I googled it – now I know what to look for.
- When do you hang your decorations up? My mom puts it off until a couple days before (I just talked to her and they are buying their tree this weekend) but I put mine up the day after Thanksgiving.
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Salmon! And my grandma’s cooked carrots and sugar cookies (she’s passed away in June…sad)
- Favorite holiday memory as a child? Opening presents on Christmas eve!!! And getting a new holiday dress every year! I sorta loved the church plays when I was little too.
- What is on your Christmas wish list? Hmmm… good question. I just want to be with my family please.
- Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes. Presents with my mom’s side Christmas eve. Just my mom, dad and sister on Christmas morning with Santa presents and presents with my dad’s side on Christmas day.
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights and lots of
trashyhomemade orniments. There are some nice ones too : ) The pic below is really old!!!
- Snow? Love it or dread it? LOVE IT. NEED IT. Why, oh why, won’t there be snow in Minneapolis when I get there??
- Real tree or fake tree? real! never ever fake.
- Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh so many. A trip to England when I was 18 with my friend’s family. Oh, my American Girl Doll.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? GOING HOME!!!!!
- What is your favorite holiday dessert? I don’t really love dessert. Here are some of the usual Christmas cookies we have
- What is your favorite tradition? Opening Christmas presents on Christmas morning! I’m naturally always the first one up… so I wait and wait and wait and then wake everyone up.
- What tops your tree? Oh survey, you’ve stumped me!!! I think we have both an angel and a star so I guess one of those two. The above picture of our tree a couple years ago had an angel.
- Do you prefer giving or receiving? Both!!! I like surprises… both giving them and receiving them
- What is your favorite Christmas song? I love them all!!
- Candy canes, yuck or yum? yuk
- Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone (I might be watching it right now), Love Actually, Christmas Vacation
- What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk and carrots for the raindeer!
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? I wake everyone up… my sister gets mad (she gets over it quickly… she’s not a morning person), my dad stumbles around really tired for about an hour and my mom still gets really excited! We open presents from each other and santa presents
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? At the mall but it’s hard because I have to fly home and don’t have a car in Seattle and I’m so busy during this time with school. On-line is a great option but I usually can’t get my self together to plan that far ahead. So stressful trips to the mall the day before Christmas Eve is what it is.
- Christmas letter or Christmas card? My mom sent Christmas pictures of my and my sister (and the pets) every year for years. I loved it!
That’s all for now!!! Your turn!